2017 Great Finishing Quilt Off
This is a challenge for any AAQG member that wants to finish some of their own UFO’s (aka unfinished quilt projects) and a chance to win a prize.
Here’s how it works:
The challenge will run from February - October 2017.
1. Look for your UFOs hidden away in the closet, under the bed, at the bottom of a drawer . . . If you have a kit you bought but never opened or fabric you've been holding on to for too long. Embroidery, knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, and painting can count toward your list, too!
2. Decide on the ones you would like to finish.
3. Decide what ‘finished’ means to you. Do you want to completely finish the quilt with the binding or just finish the top, etc. How many UFOs are you challenging yourself to finish?
4. Pay the $10 one-time per person entry fee to participate in the UFO challenge. Half the money will be the Grand Finale prize. The other half of the entry fee will go to Safe Place Women’s Shelter.
For each UFO you finish you will have a chance to win the grand finale drawing. The biggest prize is your beautiful quilt project finished and ready to enjoy.
5. Each month bring your finished UFOs to the meeting for a group UFO Show and Share.
We wish everyone LOTS of energy and enthusiasm in the first AAQG Great Finishing Quilt Off !!!
Please email us with any questions you may have.
Ann Murphy at ann@LBDQS.com
Mary Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can't make it to a meeting to show off your finished UFO? Take a photo and post it to the Guild Facebook Page with the hashtag #AAQGUFO2017